Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Birth Certificate Request Forms

I decided since the hospital where I gave birth to my boys didn't give me the form to request their birth certificates (some hospitals don't know if the parents wish to have a birth certificate) I would make links on the right side of the page so anyone can print the forms off.  This gives you the option to not have to call labor and delivery to request the form.  Please make sure a birth record was filed by your hospital before requesting a birth certificate.  A sure fire way to know a record was filed would be if you've already received social security cards.   Please visit the vital records website for your state.  In some states in addition to requesting a birth certificate you can also request a separate certificate if your baby was born still, some states even offer heirloom certificates.  The list is up on the right hand side.  Each state has different requirements for obtaining a birth certificate so please read the instructions carefully.  The forms on the side are for mail in requests.  Some states do offer online request.  I hope this is helpful.

Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment